Waterpik Water Flosser is a great product to clean your teeth, gums, and mouth, but what if your product needs cleaning? We know that whatever we use in our daily life, it always requires proper care and cleaning.
This is why you must also know how to clean Waterpik Water Flosser to avoid bacteria entering your mouth.
Not every user knows how to clean the water flosser, so I will be helping you to learn how to clean the product without getting into too much difficulty.
Top 3 Picks Professional Water Flosser
How do I clean the Waterpik water flosser?
Cleaning the Waterpik water flosser is pretty simple; you will have to stick to the instructions I am sharing below.
Clean External Body
The first step to cleaning a Waterpik water flosser is cleaning its outer body. You can begin with a soft cloth and rub it gently all over the place. I use a small cloth towel which helps me clean every corner of the water flosser easily.
Clean Flosser Tip
Over time, your flosser tip requires cleaning. You have to be careful about how to clean the Waterpik water flosser tip because if it gets damaged, it will be useless. You can eject it safely from the handle using a simple button.
Then, soak the tip in warm water, but you will have to soak it in the water containing hydrogen peroxide. After 5 minutes, soak the tip of your Water Flosser in warm water containing a vinegar mixture.
Rinse it properly when you take it out from the heated water. This will remove any clog or issues and kill all the bacteria at the tip. This will help you increase your oral health and stay safe from infections.
The next step will be to clean the Waterpik reservoir. For this, you have to remove the reservoir from the machine. Some models may require a valve to remove the reservoir, so check for the manual to do it properly.
I usually remove the valve and clean it with warm water. You should soak the valve in warm water to get maximum results. The reservoir must be cleaned with dry air and placed at a top rack.
Remember to place the valve back in the reservoir if you have cleaned it already.
Make sure it’s placed in an upside-down position so it can dry quickly. I used to hand wash it with soap water, so you also have that option.
Now you can move to the inside. You will use vinegar to help clean the entire unit from the inside. I used 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to clean the reservoir and internal side of the unit.
You can add warm water with 2 spoons of white vinegar, which should also work for you. Rinse it properly so that it can clean the inside properly. Then release all the water from the reservoir.
Clean the Handle
To clean the Waterpik flosser handle, you must follow these steps.
- Remove tip from the water flosser
- Now, soak the handle of your water flosser in warm water with vinegar for about 5 minutes.
- Now, make sure to rinse the handle under warm water.
- Soak it well until you feel like it’s clean.
This is a simple procedure for water flosser cleaning that can be done at home. I recommend you do it every 2 or 3 months to keep safe.
You may like these articles here
- Why does my tooth hurt after flossing?
- Can you share a Waterpik water flosser?
- Waterpik cordless express water flosser wf 02 review
How do you clean Waterpik flosser with mouthwash?
To clean a Waterpik using mouthwash, you have to follow my instructions.
- Take a bowl or such product as a container and fill it with warm water and mouthwash.
- Make sure they are equally distributed in the water.
- Now shift this solution into the reservoir of your water flosser.
- Turn it on so that all the solution is used and adequately drained for about half an hour.
- Then you can turn it off and leave the handle in the sink.
- Let it dry for some time, and it will come out clean.
Best 3 Picks Professional Water Flosser
What are the advantages of cleaning your Waterpik water flosser?
There are various benefits of cleaning your water flosser;
- First and most important is that it will kill all the harmful bacteria that form over time of use in your water flosser unit.
- It improves the efficiency and life of your flosser and lets you use it for a more extended period.
- You will get better performance after cleaning it regularly.
- It quickly breaks down all the mineral deposits that may form in the tip after extended use.
Can I clean Waterpik with Hydrogen Peroxide?
I won’t recommend you clean the entire unit with hydrogen peroxide, but you can clean your water flosser tip with it. The steps are.
- Use a container or bowl to fill with warm water.
- Now add hydrogen peroxide with a maximum of two tablespoons.
- Put the tip and soak it in the solution for about 5 minutes.
- After that, rinse the tip in the water and let it dry.
- Your tip will be all clean with a hydrogen peroxide solution.
How to clean a Waterpik water flosser with Bleach?
If you don’t know how to clean the Waterpik flosser, then you must learn the basic way of cleaning it instead of thinking about using bleach on it. It’s not suggested to clean Waterpik with chlorine or any such product like bleach.
Such a component is quite adequately unforgiving to do damage to the unit. In addition to that, cleaning the water flosser with bleach can reduce its overall appearance and working capacity for the tip.
How to clean a Waterpik toothbrush?
To clean a Waterpik toothbrush, I suggest you soak it in a warm water bowl and use a little quantity of vinegar. Rub it gently for some time and let it dry.