If you’re among the thousands of others who have used whitening strips to whiten their teeth, you’re undoubtedly wondering, “Will my teeth whiten quicker if I leave my strips on longer?” or how long should you leave on Crest whitening strips?
The main whitening component in most Crest whitening strips is hydrogen peroxide.
However, how long can you keep Crest white strips on and how long whitening strips stay on teeth will most influence their performance.
Top 3 Picks Crest Teeth Whitening Strips
- Last 12 months and beyond
- Removes upto 14 years of teeth stains
- Delivers exptional-level teeth whitening results
- Fastest whitening technology at home
- A lightweight handheld device that weakens stains
- Crest Whitestrips with Light dramatically better than strips alone
- Removes years of teeth stains in just 1 hour
- No slip, whiten while you talk, and drink water
- Enamel-safe teeth whitening ingredients
How long should you leave teeth whitening strips on?
Depending on the intensity of the product, this might take anywhere from 5 to 60 minutes.
Read your teeth whitening instructions carefully for the most outstanding results and follow them strictly.
Once you’ve finished the treatment wear time (which may be increased if your kit came with an LED Light), it’s time to show off your whiter smile! Simply take the strips off your teeth and discard them.
Crest Whitestrips 3D
The main whitening component in most Crest whitening strips is hydrogen peroxide. However, how long can you keep Crest white strips on and how long whitening strips stay on teeth will most influence their performance.
The amount of Hydrogen Peroxide
The amount of Hydrogen Peroxide in Crest whitening products is not disclosed on the packing materials. They are available as:
- Crest Whitestrips Glamorous White
- Crest Whitestrips Vivid White
- Crest Whitestrips Brilliance White.
- Crest Whitestrips 10-hour express
Concentration Percentage and Time on Teeth
- Glamorous White – With only one package, you can remove up to ten years of discoloration. Hydrogen Peroxide is included in the strips.
- Vivid White – Crest Vivid White removes up to 5 years of discoloration using Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Brilliance White – Uncertain concentration of Hydrogen Peroxide recommends using the entire package for optimal results (there are 16 treatments, putting it at just over two weeks).
Concentration and Length of Time on Teeth
|Whitestrips type||Usage||Wear Time|
|Crest 3D Classic Vivid Whitestrips||10 days||30 minutes daily|
|Crest 3D Whitestrips||14 days||30 minutes daily|
|Crest 3D Whitestrips 1 Hour Express||7 days||1 hour daily|
|Crest 3D Whitestrips with Light||10 days||60 minutes daily|
Longer does not Really Mean Better
Do not keep 3D Whitestrips in place for longer than the time specified on the package instructions.
Follow a proper oral hygiene practice, including twice-day tooth brushing and daily flossing, for the most remarkable effects of any product promoting white teeth.
Read the instructions on your white teeth products carefully—some recommend not brushing your teeth right before applying the treatment.
You may like these articles
Crest whitening strips for sensitive teeth
Several teeth whitening products might exacerbate the discomfort if you have susceptible teeth.
Furthermore, the length of time you can keep white strips on (which tends to be shorter) influences the outcome of your whitening experience.
As a result, Crest 3D created three distinct product lines for persons with sensitive teeth: Sensitive White, Vivid White Gentle, and Sensitive.
What happens when you leave on Crest white strips for a long time?
Side Effects of Using whitening strips for a longer time:
- Using whitening strips might cause tooth sensitivity or inflamed gums in many people. Read the directions carefully, and don’t keep the whitening strips on for any longer than necessary!
- Using teeth whitening strips too long or too frequently can cause the surface enamel to break down, making the teeth porous.
- The bleaching ingredient inside whitening strips can induce stress on the gum tissue and tooth surface.
- While tooth sensitivity should subside, if you detect any changes in your teeth or red or swollen gums, discontinue using the product to enable your teeth and gums to heal.
When Should You Avoid Teeth Whitening?
When at-home whitening strips with lesser levels of bleaching chemicals are thought to be safe, it’s better to avoid teeth whitening while pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you have dental crowns or veneers, whitening strips may cause the other teeth in your mouth, resulting in uneven whitening.
It’s advisable to avoid using whitening strips on kids and instead schedule a visit to the dentist to explore what alternative solutions are available.
Can I use more than two sets of Whitestrips in one day?
Crest 3D White Whitestrips have undergone extensive clinical and consumer testing to ensure their safety and efficacy. However, based on the findings of that study, we do not advocate utilizing more than two upper and two lower strips in a single day.
Can I wear Whitestrips while sleeping?
No, you should never wear Whitestrips at night or while sleeping.
These strips are only meant to be worn for the advised amount of time.
Can I use the strips for more time to get better whitening results?
We recommend that you follow the product’s usage instructions. Increased wear time might cause dental sensitivity and/or gum irritation.
Follow the usage directions provided by Crest for each product. Although whitening strips can efficiently whiten your teeth, regularly wearing them for an extended time might cause tooth damage.
Crest 3D Whitestrips are designed to function in a certain way.
Crest 3D Whitestrips are thin, flexible strips, and they are covered with a peroxide-based teeth whitening agent.
Crest strips conform to the shape of your teeth and hold the whitening gel against them using advanced seal technology to whiten the teeth for a brighter smile.
When should you use Crest Whitestrips?
Avoid using Crest Whitestrips right before or after dental treatment, such as fillings or dentures.
Aside from your natural teeth, dental whitening strips will not whiten crowns, bonding, or anything else. It can help if you also have clean teeth before whitening so that the gel may disperse evenly.
How long does Crest 3 D White Strips take to work?
Crest 3 D White Strips take Three days to work; how long should you leave on Crest whitening strips?
With Crest 3D Whitestrips Professional Effects, you can achieve professional-level teeth whitening outcomes and eliminate 14 years of stains in just 30 minutes every day.
After three days, you can notice a whiter smile, and complete benefits will be seen in 20 days.